Posts in the Sky

Breaking News
recent

Music Selection April - 2017

Forgiving friendsIts been a while since I've posted about Music. Music seeps into the corners of ours lives all the time.
We remember what song was playing at significant events in our lives, or what song was top of the charts at certain times.

The last two years have been a period of exceptional challenge and growth. My children have shared music with me, and I have discovered that they even like some of the older classics that were hits long before they were even born.

So for April, being a really significant month, I'm going to choose quite a few pieces of Music to make up for my lack of attention in selecting some music for thought over the last while.

April is a transitional time for me for all sorts of reasons. This year part of April took up lent and then we celebrated Easter. So April has been about about reflection, self discovery and spiritual awakening as well as hope, love and forgiveness and of course a double whammy of celebration because I have a birthday too.

Last year I placed a friendship in jeopardy because of a stupid decision that I made. One of the lessons I have learned in life is that if you want something, you have to be prepared to give it. This was a forgiveness that I have needed and so I have had to discover the true ability to let go. This Lent it has been an incredible journey and so here are two songs about forgiveness.

Taylor Swift - Back to December

and

Butterfly by Weezer - a particularly symbolic song of apology

And of course I cannot forget U2 - ONE

Im ending this months selection with The Beach Boys and Good Vibrations - because once we let go, the goodness seeps in too.
Ruth Richards-Hill

Ruth Richards-Hill

Powered by Blogger.