Posts in the Sky

Breaking News
recent

Home Improvements

My family used to live in a pretty nice upper middle class suburb on the Southside of Glasgow. That was of course until I made a mistake in love - and paid the price quite literally.

The trials we have been through in the last five years, have landed us in this high rise housing association block, that actually we are pretty comfortable in. That being said, we originally lived in a five bedroomed extremely comfortable detached house where I also had a workshop for my glasswork and an office space.

Now Im living with an adult son and daughter in a three bedroomed high rise with a single bathroom and the bonus of a balcony. But of course the bright side is we have the penthouse, the one at the top. We live on the floor so high up, not even the lifts go that far up!

Making the best of what I have, I have turned the utility room (this is where the main electricity boards are and I suspect what used to be the drying cupboard) into an office, and the balcony serves as a dual dining area come workshop.

These spaces are still taking shape as I eke out a living and try to get back into my absolous most favourite form of employing my time....glasswork.

I have spent the last while, putting shelves up on walls and also installing the TV up on the wall in the living room. The sudden availability if space is mindblowing. As soon as Ive finished the cleanup, I'll post a few pics.

There are however a few additional challenges. Although we have the famous Windoor 1000 system on the balcony, the water still gets in as we have only the single glazed version with the ventilation gaps inbetween the glaszing. I have come up with a few ideas to combat the wet and will be blogging about these before Christmas.

Also the balcony was never originally designed  to be lived in, so there is no light. I have also come up with a solution for this which I will post about, although if it is to be before Christmas then we'll be lucky.

In closing, I simply request that any of my blog followers please follow my shopping and other links, (particularly ballitobay.co.uk)as this generates a commission income for me, making my life easier and keeps me away from that awful benefits trap, that I dont want the misfortune of ever falling into.

Ruth Richards-Hill

Ruth Richards-Hill

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.