Posts in the Sky

Breaking News
recent

Incredible joy - a grandchild.

I have become a Grandmother! I really didnt expect the euphoric wonderful loving feelings that I felt
towards this child when she was born. I know and have experienced the mother baby bonding process and understand that nature has to work that way for our species to survive.

Perhaps it was because Lailah was born by emergency C section and I was the first to hold her. I completely fell in love with her. Of course she and I now have an established bond which has become undeniable. She will however always be her Mummy's girl. 

My daughter was really ill throughout her pregnancy and the rapid improvement after Lailah was born leads me to believe that babies really are not a good idea for the young. Although Sarah was already 19 her body simply didnt cope. This led to an average loss of four hours a day driving around looking after Sarah and thus losing a substantial cut of my income.

In the end, it has all been worth it. My daughter is healthy again, My granddaughter is breathtakingly beautiful and again our lives are changing and taking a course in a new direction.

With the baby'sfather currently resident in South Africa completing his diploma in fitness and personal training, there will be a few challenges that lie ahead. However he will come to see his child, spending most of his time with her and split only to keep up with study work.

Our household routine is about to change. I think the fact that I am a carer of a carer is going to be interesting to say the least. My daughter is on the autistic spectrum and I believe will be a wonderful mother, however in terms of self care, there is still substantial support that is required. but shes getting there.

Its a wonderful life...




Ruth Richards-Hill

Ruth Richards-Hill

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.