Posts in the Sky

Breaking News
recent

Christmas at the top

Well we did it! We had Christmas at the top. We went to midnight Mass at St Mary's Cathedral, We had a feast of Gammon, Roast potatoes, Pumpkin and sweet potato mash, green beans and peas, followed by a profiterole tree. mmmmm and that was just Christmas Eve.

Christmas day was roast turkey, potato salad, pumpkin, mixed Salad, more sweet potato mash, carrots and of course the mince pies and more chocolate than we normally digest in six months.

Automatic ball thrower
We opened our gifts, starting with the Kelev's gift and wow does he love it. he still hasn't quite realised for the machine to keep throwing the balls he has to put them in the bowl, but hes getting there.

For everyone else it was a confirmation that those around us actually do stop to listen to us. The favourite fragrances and books, Cd's all touched the right spot.

And then we overdosed on NETFLIX. I love this product. I can easily stop or start my account online. I don't need a TV licence and It costs a quarter of what I would pay for a Satellite or cable package. Furthermore, if i want to See whats going on in the world, I can access all the news websites online anyway and the news feeds are far quicker and up to date that broadcast telly anyway.

We receive Netflix through a SMART DVD player in our living room and I use an Amazon Fire stick in my room. No TV aerial, No satellite dish necessary.

Yes we pay for a high speed internet connection, but to be honest, it is a work tool that is simply available after hours. So two for the Price of one.

So all in all, Christmas was a success. My only tinge of sadness is that my mother couldnt be with us.



Ruth Richards-Hill

Ruth Richards-Hill

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.