Posts in the Sky

Breaking News
recent

Venus Factor - losing weight the proper way

Recently I met with a new medical professional. She kind of looked at me and smiled - "What can I do for you?" she asked. "Well" I said, "I'm an asthmatic, arthritic epileptic depressive - and I need to lose weight".

I have suffered the yo-yo effect dieting for the last twenty odd years and I finally decided that despite trying to sell the products I've been using and knowing that somehow there was something wrong with the way it was working out,I needed to do something decisive.

Somebody close to me said to me that apart from the calorie counting and deprivation, I needed to do some exercise everyday that made me sweat. She said that while walking in the park will definitely burn some calories, it doesn't quite have the same effect as building up a sweat. I balked.

Exercise

Finally I decided, that I have to do something, so I'm trying the exercise thing. Its fifteen minutes every other day. Actually what I do takes half an hour. fifteen minutes building up a sweat and fifteen minutes showering and cleaning up afterwards. I have also decided that the best time for me to do this is a few after hours after I wake up as I wont be too tired and make excuses later in the day. This would make exercise time around 9:00 am.

I have followed John Barban's programme before and it ALWAYS works. Its a common sense programme, with support in terms of how you eat - NOT what you eat and how much. I vouch for the Venus Factor because as long as you're committed it works.

My problem is that I lose the weight and then let the supporting lifestyle slip. This time I have done it differently. I have developed lifestyle habits as a default.

Diet

I follow a mostly vegan diet. I say mostly because I do like to indulge in non vegan treats from time to time. I prefer to eat raw food, it saves on the electric bill. It is possible to make convenience vegan food, more about that in another post. When we eat food at source and as close to source as possible, we get the most nutrition from it. Simple.

Eating meat should not contribute to your weight problems unless you're eating it covered in a sugar based sauce. Meat is protein and very good for your muscles if you're increasing physical activity/

No gym membership required

If you are really serious about losing weight and improving your health, then fifteen minutes of home based exercise every other day will not be a major sacrifice. Yes, it can be difficult, but if you're sweating you know you're burning calories.

If you can't commit to fifteen minutes of intense exercise three times a week in the comfort of your home,  then you're not serious about losing weight. HIIT - high intensity interval training speeds your metabolic process by starting the burn, and it continues for hours afterwards. That's why you only need to do it three times a week. I personally think that once you've done it every other for three weeks, you'll be OK with a daily routine and using a set exercise routine, you'll lose inches quickly.

Note I said inches. because as you burn fat, you'll gain muscle and muscle is heavier than fat. A lot of people think that their diet is failing when the scales show a flatline. Actually whats happening is they're becoming fitter. DON'T TRUST THE SCALES. TRUST YOUR INSTINCT,

Venus Factor also have a fabulous forum where others using the programme support each other. And they have plenty of promotions and competitions too.

Eat Sensibly

You will also find loads of information on the forum abut eating sensibly. Personally I struggle in the morning with food so I have a smoothie all made from 100% fresh fruit and veg. Some smoothies are straight into the blender, but for nutritious drink during the day, I also use a juicer and make drinks in one of those.

So if you want to try out the Venus Factor, go to this page - you can either sign up straight away or watch the video - which is a fantastic explainer .
Ruth Richards-Hill

Ruth Richards-Hill

Powered by Blogger.