Posts in the Sky

Breaking News
recent

Getting Organised

I believe that I can comfortably say that the single greatest key to my productivity and thereby the results that I experience in terms of personal success has to do with organisation. I really suffered over the festive season when my home became very cluttered and I was still wrangling with the leftovers of the house move.


Tonight hails the end of the festive season for my family when we attend the Epiphany service at St Mary's Cathedral on Great Western road. The Christmas tree is down, the paper, the glass and the plastics have been either upcycled or recycled and I have cleaned the house and overcome the massive laundry challenge.

Life at the top is indeed stirring back to normality. The product planners at Aldi have displayed some insight into the fact that there are probably millions like me that will need to reorganise their homes and gain some sort of sanity by finding a place for everything. I purchased two of their mini drawer sets and nine of the underbed box containers.

Michelle and Sam no longer need to lug a huge suitcase onboard the plane now when they come to visit as they has the fundamentals of the essential wardrobe put away for them here.

For me its giving everything a place and keeping things in their place that increase productivity. As I write this, my phone charged overnight, my laptop is fully charged and I woke up on time to get the objectives of the day completed.

I have a long list of things that need done. Some only once in a long periods of time such as the stripping of the last of the wallpaper in Jonty's room and others that will require repetition to meet the desired outcome such as colouring my hair. As far as work goes however I am easily distracted and I have had to use a spreadsheet to list my objectives and then mark them off on a daily basis as I go along.

I have sufficient organisation now to ensure that as many car trip tasks are combined into a single trip e.g. A trip to the supermaket and a journey to the lockup are mixed into one, with a stopoff on the way. This not only saves petrol but it also means that I am now able to take public transport where possible in order to make more savings. So now my work objectives are becoming enmeshed with my home objectives. They are one could say beginning to progress in concert.

Disposing of the old (preferably in an eco friendly manner) and finding place for the new has enabled me to start the year with a motivation that I can honestly say I did not have a year ago. I am fresh and ready for a year of achievement at work and also feel postive about my home environment.

So organisation has an impact both emotionally and in terms of work productivity and definitely is a factor in the success of the work from home self employed.







Ruth Richards-Hill

Ruth Richards-Hill

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.